View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 02:58 PM
V-2 Schneider

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
With the exception that I would say kids with ... more sandpaper and size.. because as you have it and that maybe what is you mean, that sounds like skating and skill are complete afterthoughts, otherwise I really agree with you here. Still require good skating or slap with a Do Not Draft, and want skill, but also put value for size and physical play.
All the picks have to be able to skate.That is a given.No heavy feet, or poor lateral turning.I want prospects who have the best chance to make the pros and if he only has ECHL skating, I'm not interested.The same goes for hockey sense, and a lack of it could show up in the more abstract areas like competitiveness or an inability to "put it all together". A kid who plateaus like Angelo Esposito is to be avoided, no matter how sweet the siren song of "all that potential".

A lack of skating and skill begets us another Turner Stevenson if we only cared about size.I want more than that.I'd like a Kirk Muller + Mike McPhee + Mike Keane.Or 3 more Prust's in the lineup.