View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 04:09 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
It's based on your posts that I put Morrissey at 6 on my list. But I doubt you'd be sitting at your table with Morrissey scribbled on a single cue card. Who would be your picks if Morrissey weren't available at 11?
If Morrissey isn't available at 11, my picks would be:

1) Ristolainen - great defender, developing offensive game, mean streak to match
2) Zadorov - a solid guy who is being developed in a great London program. He's going to get a ton of playing time in an offensive role this year and there's no reason to believe that with his shot and ability, he can't put up at least 45, maybe even 50 points. He'll be the point man on the power play.
3) Zykov - fantastic first year in the QMJHL and is a pure goal scorer. Eerily similar to Mark Recchi and also plays with a chip on his shoulder.
4) Pulock - even though I'm not the biggest of fan, I also realize that he's a very talented guy. My reasons for not wanting him have to do with the fact he's only been playing defense for a few years, so he's significantly behind the learning curve and he's going to have a lot of catching up to do. I also wonder whether or not he's maxed out physically and if others will catch and surpass him.
5) Domi - a fantastic player that is written off by plenty because of his size. You can't discount his drive, determination and skill. He's a gamer that brings it every night.
6) McCoshen - people might flame me, but the guy is such a good defenseman. If he were playing in major junior, there's no doubt he'd be a top 15 guy because he really is the complete package. Such a good hockey player.
7) Morin - the big is growing on a lot of people because he's mobile, mean and he's got the tools to have a very good offensive game. My concerns with Morin have to do with the time frame that it will take before he makes a significant impact. Big defensemen like him usually take 5 to 6 seasons before they make an impact at the pro level. He'll probably use up his two remaining years of junior eligibility, spend a couple of seasons in the AHL and then be used in a bottom six pairing at the NHL level for a few years. I will say that he's got the smarts though and in most case, having a great hockey IQ is more than enough to cover up any short comings there might be.

EDIT: If we're going with 10 picks, these would be my final 3:

8) Horvat - had a MONSTER OHL playoff. He's a guy who you can put on any line and he wouldn't look out of place. You need a goal scoring winger on your top line? Horvat can be that guy. You need a centerman on your second line? Horvat's that guy. You need a third line winger or center who can check and go up against the opposition's top line? Horvat's that guy. His versatility is just off the chart. I don't think I've ever seen such a complete player come out of junior like Horvat. If the Flyers were to draft him (and honestly, he's got that 'criteria' that the Flyers look for in a player), he probably could crack their lineup as an 18 year old and play a lot of minutes on the third line.
9) Wennberg - another forward who can play all three positions and all three zones. He plays in high traffic areas, has great eye/hand co-ordination and is one of those players that the puck just seems to follow him around. My only concern is that he needs a finisher on his line or else all that talent just goes to waste.
10) Klimchuk - a fantastic forward who's numbers more than doubled in his second season, especially on a bad Regina team. Elite hockey sense, fantastic shot selection, always in the right place at the right time, and is a terrific skater. He's playing more and more on the wing and also had a very good U18 tournament. Also a versatile forward who can play all three positions.

Last edited by BobbyClarkeFan16: 06-14-2013 at 04:22 PM.