View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 07:59 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

vCash: 500
If the rumored deal of Read for Bernier is true (and I really wouldn't be surprised if it went down. If we buyout Bryz, you have to think the organization is not going to want to shell out a huge contract for another goaltender. This seems like a pretty logical move for them actually) I would be less annoyed at taking a forward. For me I'd rank them like this...

Nichushkin: most likely not going to fall to #11, but stranger things have happened. Is ready to step into an NHL lineup next season if he comes over.

Shinkaruk: may not be physically ready to play an NHL role right away, but with his sheer talent and skill, it could really go either way. I love this kids upside, but his dip in production this past year makes me a tad apprehensive.

Mantha: this kid is phsically ready to play in the NHL. He could stand to add a few pounds, and he could get away with it because he's a tremendous skater. He has the potential to be a type of player that's becoming a hot commodity in the NHL. The dynamic goal scoring power forward hybrid sort of player that makes matchups hell for the other team. This kid will be a 2nd line winger at worst in the NHL IMO.

Honestly, if we could swing the deal with LA, I would seriously consider moving the 11th overall pick + something else to either Calgary or Columbus for 2 of their picks and grab Mantha and perhaps a guy like Morrissey.

I'd then sign dany Heatley to a 2 year deal, provided he's bought out, because I think he'd do really well back in the east playing with a center like Giroux. And we'd have something like...

Heatley-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
Gagne-Couturier-Mantha
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Rosehill

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Schenn
Gustafsson-Grossmann

Bernier/Mason
Mason/Bernier

Following year D

Streit-Schenn