View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 10:10 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
It would be nice to add an extra first round pick. The possibility of drafting two defenseman in the first round would do wonders for our defense going forward. Could you imagine drafting say Morin and Pulock. The only player I would consider trading from the NHL roster to get another first would be Coburn, but then that puts us right back where we were when we didnt have Streit
Trading Coburn at this point is one of the more ridiculous ideas imaginable. We don't have anyone with his skill-set to log those minutes. Promoting Grossmann, fresh off concussion and still not nearly as mobile, is not a legitimate solution to replacing Coburn. Neither is promoting Lauridsen for all those foolish enough to propose that option.

That said, Hartnell may be a more feasible option. Can he be replaced by moving someone like Simmonds up or moving Schenn to the wing meanwhile promoting McGinn to 3rd line duty as a big man at the net? Can we find a Hartnell in Clowe or Horton on the market for a reasonable price?

And if we don't trade Read for Bernier, could he become 1st round bait?

Is there any kind of market at all for Briere?

These are all questions we can't answer right now.

I suspect the answer is no. I think we only have one 1st rounder to play with, as much as we would like more.

Since we got Streit, I'd say trading the 1st+ for guys like Gardiner or Kulikov is out. That means we need to use it to its fullest; aka drafting a bluechip PMD defenseman. That cuts Zadorov and Morin out leaving guys like Nurse, Ristolainen, Pulock, and Morrissey.