View Single Post
Old
06-14-2013, 10:37 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I mean, you know you are old when one of the kid that is going to be drafted, is actually the son of a guy I remember CLEARLY going to a game of his when he was playing with....the Ottawa 67's. I remember that I was going with a group of guys to see a Habs vs Leafs game in Toronto and by myself, and I was only 16-17 years old at the time, I wanted to see the Ottawa 67's 'cause I wanted to see by myself what this Andrew Cassels was all about. And after just that game...I wanted the Habs to pick him so much.....I guess the Habs brass was also present that day....

As far as Cole Cassels is all about, he make me remember his father.....yet, I thought Andrew was quicker on his feet. While both were/are thinkers of the game, Cole doesn't have a greater talent.....but potential might be there. He might actually be a fine bet in the 4th/5th round for any team.I would clearly not pick him earlier than that though.
I remember going to the old Forum with my Dad for a Habs practice in 1958/59. Jean Beliveau came to talk with my Dad and brought him a color picture of the 1957/58 Habs team SC winning of course and it was signed by the whole team.Still have the picture, I lived in Longueuil at the time and apparently so did Jean and he had invited my Dad to come down to the Forum. Montreal Canadiens fan ever since then and my favorite player, you guessed it Big Jean Beliveau, I now have his book,pictures etc, all autographed and McFarlane figures both home and away. It doesn't make me feel old though, watching the Habs and being a fan makes me feel young and really happy to be a Hab fan.

Last edited by S Bah: 06-14-2013 at 10:42 PM.