Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach
View Single Post
06-14-2013, 11:48 PM
[hello] :)
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id love Bieksa but i doubt Nucks move him..
would love to move him. Damn that NTC. I'm not a fan, he's far too inconsistent and has been riding his 2011 reputation for far to long.

Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I look at Vancouver's roster and see so many players who came up and/or became established NHLers under Vigneault. Kesler. Burrows. Hansen. Raymond. Edler. Tanev. Bieksa. Schneider. Even Hodgson before he was traded. Frank Corrado came up and played in all 4 playoff games this spring. Its all about Kassian and Schroeder. Where did the other players come from? You know Sather and the rest of the front office discussed everything with Vigneault. Gillis took a shot at Vigneault about needing to play more young players. VAN has done such a piss poor job in scouting and drafting players. That's on Gillis and his scouts. Where are the young players in their system? Look at that roster.
A lot of truth in this post, we don't have a lot of NHL ready prospects. Another player that came up recently was Chis Tanev. AV has his favorites, but so do most coaches. If the rookie/young player performs he will get ice time, they have a short leash, but a lot of time that is for the best.

People point to Schroeder and Kassian, but when JS was sent down he responded great and produced at over a point per game and would have been back if not for his injury. Kassian also had some injury issues this year and had trouble playing a ton of minutes.

Last edited by Linden: 06-14-2013 at 11:56 PM.