View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 12:01 AM
ricky0034

vCash: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
Really, I think the way to interpret this signing is to think of it as a process of elimination by which you get down to your roster for next season.

Who gets cut?

Tatar
Eaves
Miller
Emmerton
Tootoo
Bertuzzi
Samuelsson

What this signing says is: probably not Miller. My interpretation of this whole thing is that Bertuzzi and Samuelsson are both against the wall to prove that they can be a noticeable upgrade on guys like Tatar and Eaves. If they can't score better than Tatar or check better than Eaves at camp, then there's no use for them and they'll be bought out.

Another battle IMO will be Tootoo vs Eaves. Tootoo has to show he can do more than board guys and fight, and Eaves has to show that his hockey ability is more valuable than the toughness and energy Tootoo brings.

Emmerton doesn't have to compete so much as he has to pray that Helm isn't ready to go. If Helm is 100%, then I could see Emmerton traded/waived because he's simply not as good as either of Helm or Andersson. But I'd see him as the last guy to go, because center depth. I suppose it also depends on how Jarnkrok and Sheahan do in camp.
can't buy them out at camp,has to be sometime between 48 hours after the SCF ends and July 4th

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote