View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 12:51 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I tend to agree with this. The key guys are Plekanec and Markov, when you add them to Galchenyuk & Subban we become a credible threat. We have a window right now while our vets are still elite and our youth is still growing. The question becomes can our youth become good enough before our key vets start losing their effectiveness.
Exactly. And that is why I say add some good youth through trade, if not this year, definitely next year, and no later. Also, do not fail in developing our draft class 2009-2012.

What no one is talking about is that we have a lot of picks this year, but no elite level picks. I do not see anyone drafted this year becoming a key part of our window the next 4 years. Maybe one player, and he will be a rookie in our first cup run.

It is also the case that Collberg, Kristo, Tiny, Hudon, Bozon, Dumont, Nate, Ellis, and the best of our last 3-4 year's picks are absolutely crucial to our 3-5 year window. If 2 or 3 of these guys can be highly effective players in 2 years, this improves our chances greatly. But this year's draft cannot be relied upon for our window.

We need to:

1. Develop our last 4 years of draft class very well, and produce at least 2-3 highly effective cup window players out of it.

2. Where our draft class fails, fill the holes and trade for the youth this year or next to put us over the top for this 4 year window.

3. Pick up older UFAs only when we are there.

It is already too late at the 2013 draft for our cup window with this core.

Last edited by bsl: 06-15-2013 at 01:13 AM.
bsl is offline   Reply With Quote