View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 05:52 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I remember going to the old Forum with my Dad for a Habs practice in 1958/59. Jean Beliveau came to talk with my Dad and brought him a color picture of the 1957/58 Habs team SC winning of course and it was signed by the whole team.Still have the picture, I lived in Longueuil at the time and apparently so did Jean and he had invited my Dad to come down to the Forum. Montreal Canadiens fan ever since then and my favorite player, you guessed it Big Jean Beliveau, I now have his book,pictures etc, all autographed and McFarlane figures both home and away. It doesn't make me feel old though, watching the Habs and being a fan makes me feel young and really happy to be a Hab fan.
Great story! My dad who passed away 2 years ago had also great stories as he was a usher at the Forum and Bell Centre as well as the Olympic Stadium for the Expos. When they were destroying the Forum, my dad was amongst the ushers that were chosen to guard it during the day. And there were a lot of known visitors that stopped by to go in and witness the destruction of it and such and the guy that left my father the biggest impression was....Adam Graves as strange as it sounds. He came in with his wife, asked my father to come in, my father knew who he was, and he accepted and Graves wanted to go at the center where the ice was and wasn't there anymore and was extremely touched to see that this great building was not going to be anymore...My father said that he was really emotional and he wasn't expected that. Anyway, that's far from the draft.....but true that it shouldn't make ourselves old compared to the rest of our net friends here, just happy to have been part of something great and hoping it can come back somehow. And the draft is the way to restart this thing...how do you like that to get back in topic???