Thread: The Draft 2013
View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 07:30 AM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
They will not take another centre...needs are for a top quality Dman because we will lose Leddy for cap reasons,Oduya's shelf life is probably just 3-4 yrs at most to his current level before age decline...and Clendenning rdpla i.g Leddy is a cap worry by the time he will get to bis 3rd contract...therefore we must draft a quality D tokeep the replacement pool ready in 3-4 yrs which means developing a guy in Jr and Ro kford till that time...Leddy is a 3rd pair level only...proved he could.not handle top 4 minutes...Clendenning probably in the same boat...we need.better because IF we get a real 2 or 3spot quality D and play that quality as a third pairing guy who could.move up to a bigger role for injury or later for age replacement on above pairings..then it makes our D overall BETTER...so I think that will sdt the target as priorigy..But if we trade assets for.more picks we also would target a size winger and/or a top quality goalie...you can never have too many great goalie prospects...especially since most analysts dismiss the goalie prodpects in our pipeline as not being "A" class compared to what some other teams have in their pipelines( excludes Raanta. ..but whenCC flies the cojp for cap reasons and AR takes over at a reasonable 2nd contract price...by his 3rd contract he goo may not be cap affordable and we will lose him...so gotta keep the goalie premier replacement development pipeline eell stocked and since goalies develop later gotta draft cream of the crop quality when opporgunity knocks..I tbink Jarry is special quality and I also think Desrosiers too has a chance yo be nbl top quality staftdr... WE need to get one of them....what I do not know is wbat picks we get for traxing Bolland and Leddy and it could also be not straight up for eithdr of them but some other of our prospects in luded in a psckage..I would like go come away with an extra first rounder and a vddy high second...like an early 20s pick,our own at #30 or #29,plus a pickin the first few slots of round 2..my dream draft would be gettinging Madison Bowey and either big Rw Mike McCarron or another Dman, Dillon Heatherington or Dman IanMcCoshen...then taking a goalie...Jarry or Desfosiers in round 2..That would be a great draft for us...