View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 10:05 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Do you know who Gallagher was playing with? And against who? And in which division?

I honestly can say that if the roles were reversed, I would not have the same opinion, but I mean Gallagher didn't JUST put up points (even though he did and like a boss), he was a total package player and I can't see him doing all that on a losing team. Like I said, he was the REASON we were so good. Can't picture Gallagher on a bad team. And no, I don't think this year's team was bad. Things just ended badly and everyone is in a bit of a funk.

I'm sure you appreciate Gally, just saying that I'm not being biased in my opinion as much as you're willing to believe that.
Subban is, similarly, a full package player. A superior one, in fact.

Yet his team finished last in the eastern conference a year ago.

Gallagher is a factor that contributed to our team's success but in the end he was still a support cast player (a very good one). Huberdeau was his team's main offensive weapon yet his linemates were third liners on good NHL teams. Hell, Gallagher's linemates on the Habs third line were better.

Huberdeau had a good year considering, and was more important to his team than Gallagher for us.

I would have had no problems with Gallagher winning the calder but I can see why they voted for Huberdeau.