View Single Post
Old
01-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Kevin Wey

vCash: 500
San Jose's winning mainly comes down to Marleau scoring goals as talent dictates he should, Sturm holding to form, and increased goal contribution from McCauley and Cheechoo, and the addition of Ekman. Young players stepping up and performing, as they were told they'd need to do. (And for this Dean Lombardi was fired...I imagine some others here were equally as happy when Doug Wilson was named replacement. Had it been anyone else...)

I guess I always held out hope for San Jose's forwards as a group, and they seem to be rewarding me. I never understood why THN put San Jose 14th in the West, other than the fact I generally find the people in charge of their predictions as lacking knowledge on the Western Conference. Thankfully, LA is injured and Dallas can't pull it together. (Something can be said for chemistry: note how San Jose has so many home-grown players, especially the young nucleus driving the team.)

That said, I can't play as San Jose in NHL 2004 because I find the ratings so far off from how I'd rate the players. I don't know who they have rating the players, but I really find myself disagreeing a lot. And I notice misratings in the European elite leagues too, but the novelty of playing as them hasn't worn off. So I play as Espoo, Malmo and Krefeld respectively. (Don't get me started on the made up players on most of the national teams...) Maybe some day all the European Elite Leagues will be in the game and all the players can be included. (Well, Japan would be a problem still...)