View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 04:49 PM
LetterJ

vCash: 500
The games that I watched the Knights, I thought Remi Elie showed glimpses of being an NHL legitimate power forward:

http://thehockeyhouse.net/nhl/2013-n...iew-remi-elie/

Quote:
Overview:

Remi Elie is a 6í1, 203lb Canadian left-winger who plays for the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League. Born in Green Valley, Ontario, Elie played for the Eastern Ontario Wild of the Ontario East Minor Midget Hockey League (OEMMHL) and he totaled 39 points (15-24) in just 29 games. Elie also played for the Eastern Ontario Wildís Minor team where he had 3 points (1-2) in as many games. Elie was taken in the 5th round (91st overall) in the 2011 OHL Priority Selection by the London Knights. However, Elie was also the 1st overall selection by the Hawkesbury Hawks in the Central Canada Hockey League (CCHL) draft. Elie decided to play for Hawkesbury that year. In 59 games for the Hawks, Elie posted a solid 46 points (21-25) as well as 9 points (5-4) in as many games for the Hawks in the playoffs. This past season, Elie moved onto the OHL to play for the Knights. In 65 games for London, Elie had just 17 points (7-10) and in the playoffs, Elie had 8 points (4-4) in 21 games which saw the Knights win the OHL Championship and a berth in the Memorial Cup.

Pros:

Elie is a plus skater with a strong stride. Unlike two of the other players Iíve covered so far (Jordan Subban and Nicolas Petan), Elie has good size for a junior player and should be able to transition well into the NHL, if he gets there. Elie is a physical, emotional player who plays with an edge. He also has some good offensive tools like his above-average passing, as well as a solid shot. Elie shows good confidence when controlling the puck.

Cons:

Despite his solid tools on offense, I havenít seen the production from Elie that I would have liked. That may come from his lower minute totals with London, so next year Elie should get more minutes being a second year player and having the Junior A experience. While Elie shows good passion on the ice, he sometimes gets tired from playing too hard, too fast which causes him to tire throughout the course of the game. Elie must also get better defensively if he wants to make it in the NHL.

Draft Round Projection:

Remi Elie is a rather unheralded prospect and his low production could see him falling as far as the 7th round. However, teams could see he has good developmental value and take him in the 5th round.

Comparison:

If Elie can reach his potential, I could see him as a Cal Clutterbuck-type of player with more offensive upside.

NHL Projection:

I could see Remi Elie being a solid second line power forward if he can expand on his offensive game, but he could just as easily become a physical fourth line energy guy. However, he may not be much more than a career AHL journeyman if he doesnít develop well.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/remi-elie/:

Quote:
History

2010-11: Remi Elie played for the Eastern Ontario Wild midget program in Ottawa. In 34 games for the midget major team, including five playoff games, he scored 18 goals with 27 assists and had 49 penalty minutes. He also skated for the midget minor team. Elie was the first overall selection in the 2011 CJHL Draft, by Hawkesbury, and was selected by London in the fifth round (91st overall) of the 2011 OHL Priority Draft.

2011-12: Elie was the second-leading scorer for the Junior A Hawkesbury Hawks as a 16-year-old behind Stephen Hrehoriak. He scored 21 goals with 25 assists in 59 games and had 39 penalty minutes. The Hawks finished fifth in the 12-team CJHL and reached the second round in the playoffs. Elie was Hawkesbury's leading scorer in the playoffs with 5 goals and 4 assists in nine games. In April he signed a contract to play for the London Knights in 2012-13.

2012-13: Elie played in 65 OHL games for London in his first season and participated in the Memorial Cup after the Knights captured the OHL playoff championship. Elie scored 7 goals with 10 assists and was +7 with 34 penalty minutes during the regular season. The Knights won 50 of 68 games in regulation to finish with the OHL's best record and overcame a three games to one deficit in the OHL Finals against Barrie. Elie scored 4 goals with 4 assists and was +3 with 8 penalty minutes in 21 OHL playoff games. In five games at the Memorial Cup he had 1 assist and was +1 with 4 penalty minutes. Elie was ranked 71st amongst North American skaters in Central Scouting's final rankings prior to the 2013 NHL Draft.

Talent Analysis

Elie is an interesting prospect, simply because he was stuck in a numbers game for the London Knights and is projected to play a much more vital role as the years progress. Heís a solid overall player, who is not blazingly fast nor blessed with elite hands -- but heís shown a dogged pursuit of the puck and the ability to chip in offensively. Heís a grinder whoís not afraid to go into the dirty areas of the ice and projects as an energy winger at the next level.

When I watched him in the Mem Cup, I found he did not log a lot of minutes at all. Is he ready to break out with more minutes?