View Single Post
06-15-2013, 06:05 PM
Kass Attack
Formerly HiggsBozon
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Now that shows that you either irrationnally hate Gorges or that you have no clue what you're talking about. I shat my pants every time Sopel and Spacek were on the ice because I knew one of them would **** up terribly. Sopel was just as slow as Gill ffs.
"You have no clue what you're talking about rahrahrahrahrah derp..."

Stop drinking the kool-aid. Gorges is the most overrated player on these boards. You and the others still fail to bring anything else than "shot-blocking" and those supposed leadership qualities to talk about what he brings as contributions to this team. Still, for the "great" leader he is supposed to be, he keeps saying the most stupid things, he keeps getting on Subban's back, and he keeps acting like a tool. His shot blocking is often a weakness, as he is very often the one deflecting shots in his own net. He's slow. He's not physical. He's got 0 offensive abilities. That, PLUS we saw last year he is bound to have one or two seasons here and there where he's not even good defensively... and all that, while playing on a team which was on a HUGE hot streak.

Bring me something this guy brings... Tell me about ONE thing. One SINGLE thing he brings other than shot blocking.

First pass?
Offensive zone passing?
Crease-clearing abilities?

Tell me of ONE single aspect Gorges brings that makes you say: "Wow! He's really making a living out of doing that!"

Then, tell me if it's worth a 6 years contract for 4M a season.

You guys stop *****ing about how Bergevin will pay 7M dollars to a 23 years old Norris Trophy winner, and start wondering about how much we pay guys like Gorges and Gionta, who add absolutely nothing to the identity of a team, and who eat almost 15% of the salary cap.