View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 06:11 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Yeah I saw Gorges anchoring our top pairing last year with Subban. Now I'm not gonna lie Gorges had a very average season. I think it's more due to being a bad fit with Therrien's system who doesn't really prone a collapse style la New York Rangers and puts a lot of emphasis on quick transitions and some support from the defenseman in the offensive zone. Those things are not really Gorges' bread and butter. Despite that I still think he can offer some solid hockey for our team, you just have to match him up with a partner that gels well with him. Having Diaz and Gorges on the same pairing is a recipe for disaster. If Gorges has another disappointing season next year, I'm all for trading him since our prospects will be ready to step in but I'm not ready to throw in the towel because of a season that ended on a bitter note.
The whole team had a great season if we forget about April. Still, Gorges has consistently been very sub-par. Isn't that a cause for concern? At 4M a year, you expect your player to adapt to the team around him. Especially when you sign him for 6 years...

The most concerning thing about him is that the ONLY aspect of his game that people COULD say made him worthy of his contract, was sub-part last season, on a year where the team had everything going its way.