View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Since when is Mark Fistric a top 4 guy? I think he would have been a solid addition as a #6 or #7 but top 4... I don't think so. Doug Murray's days as a top 4 are also behind him.

Before he was traded, I thought Methot would be a good addition but to say these kinds of players are aren't hard to get is wrong. How many players like him changed teams in the last couple of years and how much did it cost to get them.
Yeah I don't know why, but I thought about Smid instead of Fistric, sorry. I thought Murray played pretty good with Pittsburgh.

Marc Methot for Nick Foligno

Douglas Murray for a 2013 second-round draft pick and a 2014 conditional second-round draft pick

Braydon Coburn for Alexei Zhitnik

Luke Schenn for James van Riemsdyk

Andrej Meszaros for a 2nd round selection in 2012

Eric Brewer for Brock Beukeboom and a third-round draft pick in 2011

Dennis Seidenberg and Matthew Bartkowski for Craig Weller, Byron Bitz and a 2nd round selection in 2010

Ryan McDonagh in the infamous trade

Mark Stuart and Blake Wheeler for Boris Valabik and Rich Peverley

Robyn Regehr for second-round draft picks in 2014 and 2015
and the buffalo trade was Robyn Regehr, Ales Kotalik and a 2nd round selection in 2012 for Chris Butler and Paul Byron

Brad Stuart for Andrew Murray and a conditional 2014 draft pick and the Detroit trade was Brad Stuart for a 2nd round selection in 2008 and a 4th round selection in 2009

So it happen more often than we think and it's not always that costly.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote