View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

vCash: 500
I'm sorry, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really can't blame the Flyers for this.

After that disaster against the Bruins in the playoffs, was there anyone here that wasn't screaming at organization to go out and get a legit goalie? Well, once that happens, Bob's future here is done.

I and few others had hoped that they bring in Voukon for a shorter deal to be a stopgap till Bob ready to step in. But it was obvious the team (and most of the fans) wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than a franchise goalie (which they thought they were getting in Bryz). Had the team not traded Bob last season then he plays this year as a backup, plays in a handful of games then bails for the KHL after the season because he was unhappy, and the Flyers get nothing for him.

I wonder, if he ends up leaving Columbus now for the KHL, does this instantly become a good trade? If Columbus now has to hand out a ridiculous contract to a guy with one good season because he has all the leverage, does this trade suddenly not look so bad?

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote