View Single Post
Old
06-15-2013, 08:45 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
I'm sorry, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I really can't blame the Flyers for this.

After that disaster against the Bruins in the playoffs, was there anyone here that wasn't screaming at organization to go out and get a legit goalie? Well, once that happens, Bob's future here is done.

I and few others had hoped that they bring in Voukon for a shorter deal to be a stopgap till Bob ready to step in. But it was obvious the team (and most of the fans) wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than a franchise goalie (which they thought they were getting in Bryz). Had the team not traded Bob last season then he plays this year as a backup, plays in a handful of games then bails for the KHL after the season because he was unhappy, and the Flyers get nothing for him.

I wonder, if he ends up leaving Columbus now for the KHL, does this instantly become a good trade? If Columbus now has to hand out a ridiculous contract to a guy with one good season because he has all the leverage, does this trade suddenly not look so bad?
This goes back a year before he was even brought here. Holmgren rewarded Leighton with a contract even though everyone and his brother knew he sucked. Bob makes the team out of the blue, then gets badly overplayed the first few months by Lavi because Bob was doing so well. There is no way he should have been played as much as he was in such a short period of time. The fact that he was exhausted by season's end is on both Homer and Lavi. Then the carousel began in the 2011 playoffs and Snider demanded a good goalie.

Columbus will have to give him a good contract and I have no doubt that he will continue to play well because of how hard he works.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote