Thread: Confirmed with Link: Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)
View Single Post
Old
06-16-2013, 10:50 AM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Sure he could have laid up there a bit, but if not for the stanchion the play is relatively harmless, it was a combination of bad luck, and Chara's aggressive game. I think emotions get the best of some otherwise intelligent posters. What happened to patches sucked and we should be thankful he's fully recovered, but one play does not represent a player, especially a play as unfortunate as this one.

Was Chara suppose to concede here and let patches blow by him? I don't think so. I honestly think it was a bit reckless on Chara's part, but I don't think there was much intent there. Bang bang plays at full speed are easy for us to sit back and moan about how it should have happened differently, but this is a fast game with split second reactions. Happens all the time where players make a play they wish they could have back, doesn't make them malicious, it' their highly competitive nature.

How many times have you seen otherwise clean players, line a player up, receiving player shifts out of the way and the checker sticks his knee out to make contact? Or how many times does the intended recipient move out of the way and an elbow from the checker goes into his head? Almost everyone game plays like these happen, doesn't make every player dirty, you've got less than a second to make a decision, sometimes the wrong one gets made. Only time they get magnified is when a serious injury results from the play.

The game is so fast now. It's so fast it's dangerous. I think some of the rule changes, although increase excitement, also increase risks, I'm not sure the benefit outweighs the reward. I was perfectly fine with hockey prior to the 1st lockout, but the NHL aims to please the casual fans in hopes to make a greater bite into the US market, unfortunately they can change whatever they want, in States where they don't even have ice, hockey will never be mainstream. I hate how the NHL alienates their ardent followers in attempts to please those who don't understand or even follow the game at all.

The only major sport where they discuss a whole host of rule changes each and every season. If the NHL was serious about injuries it would make rule changes to help prevent them, I haven't seen much. I don't expect mandatory visors to help much. It might prevent the odd play that happens maybe a handful of times a year, but there are more serious head injuries still haven't really been addressed to an appropriate level. They create rules, follow them for a year or two and then get away from them. Not to mention the rules change depending on the period, the game, the score, the playoffs. The NHL will never be mainstream, those casual fans probably don't know wth is going.
You are aware patch shoved Chara after a goal earlier that season? The bruins made a HUGE fuss out of the whole incident. Retribution was in the plans ever since that incident. The bruins were on the warpath and wanted their pound of flesh. Edwards basically said so that Patch was a marked man in the bruins locker room.

Then Chara pushed him head first into the stanchion at full speed. He later claimed he didn't know who was on the ice. Much in the same way he asked that reporter to prove it was him who sucker punched Crosby. Why should it matter that he didn't know Patch was on the ice ? If Chara's actions were legal, why did he feel the need to make the ridiculous excuse that he didn't know it was Patch? Please.. you're buying into that drivel. You're ridiculously gullible or a bruins fan in disguise. Not sure which.

What's frustrating about your post is that you even tried to pass it off as if habs fans were blinded by rage and couldn't see the truth. No offense (here comes the offensive part), but your post was laughable really. It's already annoying to hear fans of other teams dump on Subban, and make a ton of excuses for that POS Chara without seeing our own fans buying into that crap. I have a hard time believing a habs fan would make apologies for Chara the way you just did. As I said, it's laughable.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote