View Single Post
Old
06-16-2013, 02:12 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
He's small, doesn't win many battles, has gotten most of his big years being a number 1 by default since the team has no talent. On a skilled team like Detroit, he might do OK but i bet you anything he barely taps 50 points. I wouldnt pay a dime over 3 million for him. Never liked him and i personally think he's only a 2C on a poor depth team.

i'd rather not spend a dime this summer then sign weiss.

i would rather see quincey locked up for 4 years then see weiss. Just dont like the guy and think he's a very, very average player. Also, he's roughly a 52-53% FO guy. Nothing to write home about. It's slightly above average.
All of that is pretty good.

On the faceoffs 53%, is actually pretty good, heck Datsyuk is at 55%, he is also the leading draw taker along with Goc for basically his whole time there. Plays in all three aspects of they game.

So he is a default #1, he also is forced to play the best checking matchup every night and #1 pairing. He will be fantastic in a second line role and we don't have to worry about him producing. He has done so with a collection of guys in Florida his whole career. I guess everyone has opinions but Weiss is a good hockey player and I think he will thrive and get more credit in the second line role.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 06-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.