View Single Post
Old
06-16-2013, 01:33 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Actually Oduya wasn't as sharp in Atlanta and near the end with jets as he is with the Hawks. He was good in NJ though. I remember people scoffing at the idea of trading a second rounder for him.

I disagree about drawing comparisons between Roszival and Gorges. The former in 6 years older, it's rare that 34 year old players get those kinds of deals. Ference is also 34.

I disagree about Gorges being a depth player as well as his contract being "ridiculous". He's getting paid similar money to Johnny Oduya, who you admit is a comparable player, while being three years younger. In fact, Oduya is probably the best comparable has he just signed a 3 year 3.385 million dollar contract and just came off of a 3 year 3.5 million dollar contract. Similar situations for similar players.
Oduya actually looked good on good teams. Which is more than what one can say about Gorges last season.

Oduya never got a 6 years contract his whole career. He also never got paid as much as Gorges.

For one, he does all those things Gorges does, all that while being more competent offensively, and most of all, much quicker.