View Single Post
Old
06-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Oduya actually looked good on good teams. Which is more than what one can say about Gorges last season.

Oduya never got a 6 years contract his whole career. He also never got paid as much as Gorges.

For one, he does all those things Gorges does, all that while being more competent offensively, and most of all, much quicker.
Oduya and Gorges have had similar offensive outputs in their careers. Very disingenuous to say Oduya is more competent offensively. Oduya is quicker sure, but that doesn't necessarily translate into being better.

You are the one who brought up Oduya as a comparable. Gorges pay discrepancy is marginal.

Oduya has a rough patch in his career as well and one season doesn't make a career. Nothing suggests that Gorges can't bounce back.

I disagree with your assessment with Gorges entirely. I find you to exaggerate his flaws and overlook his contributions. Like I said, teams would line-up to acquire Gorges and his salary wouldn't be a hindrance. Nothing about his cap hit is back-breaking or absurd. He's slightly overpaid, but it's marginal at best.