View Single Post
Old
06-16-2013, 03:09 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
This is crap. If you thought it was a good deal then, then you can not turn around and ***** about it less than a year later. You can be disappointed about it (as I am), but you can not chastise Holmgren for making the deal when you, yourself, endorsed it when it was made.

And you did endorse it.

I understand being upset with the way Bob was handled while here. I am too. However, you can't say **** about Holmgren now when you would have made the exact same deal last June if you were in his position.

EDIT: This is just another example of the anti-Holmgren crowd leeching onto him at any chance. When the deal was made, Flyers fans collectively loved the return while still recognizing the potential of Bob as a goaltender. Nothing wrong with that. But if you supported the deal then, please don't try to act like you knew all along that the Flyers were getting a crappy hand. If you condemned the deal then, great, you have every right to ***** about Holmgren now for being short-sighted, impatient, or whatever else you want to throw at him. But few on here were truly choked up to see Bob gone for the return we got, and it's quite funny to see people forget their own words 12 months later when it suits their opinions on Holmgren.
Perfect example of all the armchair quarterbacking that goes on here.

I remember countless threads about Bob getting hammered in his rookie season, how he was awful, beat up high, ect. Now that he "is something", everyone is out of the woods to throw stones.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote