View Single Post
Old
06-16-2013, 05:53 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Your hilarious side-bits aside - I'm not preaching now!now!now! as much as I'm saying no!no!no!
  • Bouillon extended at first - okay fine, he'll be the 7th next year
  • Drewskie the trade deadline acquisition - okay, depth is never a bad thing
  • Drewskie failing to secure a spot even AFTER Emelin gets injured - oh well, low risk low reward, no biggies
  • Drewskie extended - ...
Either they want Drewiskie, a player who was so bad he couldn't penetrate a playoff bound lineup that had a rookie and a 38 year old as its third pairing, to be a warm body in the lockerroom and never challenge the top6 for a spot or they think that what Drewiskie brings to the table (read: nothing whatsoever) might someday be able to contribute positively to the team.

I just see trading for, playing and resigning Drewiskie as a foolish endeavor - he's 10x the scrub that anyone else on our team is. He's 28, undrafted, 42 games on an awful LA team was his career high and has 135 games through FIVE seasons. This is the man that Bergevin thinks will squeeze and challenge Bouillon, who himself looked like trash as the 48 game season wore on, and rookie Tinordi out of the 3rd pairing? What's the point of having this guy??

Can't fight, cant' hit and can't play defense. We don't, and never did, need him.

I'm not saying remold the team over-night, I'm saying that EXTENDING DESHARNAIS, BOUILLON AND DREWISKIE IS PERPETUATING THE PROBLEM AND THAT IS SQUARELY ON BERGEVIN.

See, now you got me mad. I'm going to go tweet obscenities at Gionta to feel better.
or leave flaming bags of ******* on his porch

i know what you're saying but you still sound like someone stole your lolipop. i think you simply are misinterpreting Bergevin's idea behind those moves. he clearly would rather ice average to mediocre defensemen rather than push prospects like brolieu or tinordi to play limited minutes or to play in roles they are not ready for. GMMB of course never came and said that so it's just my interpretation, but the cube and drewiskie signings screams his intentions to do just that.

fact is: we don't have a surplus of anything - prospects, picks or roster players and the UFA market is le ****ing empty. so who are you supposed to sign? you get quality players by drafting and developing them, signing drewihatetypinghisnameiskey is a means to an end.

brolieu and tinordi will be getting quality minutes in hamilton where they belong. they will be ready in two years but probably by next year when cube's and markov's (tada!) contracts are gonzo

put your feet up, take a breather man, temper flareups are usually my thing around here

edit: desharnais's contract is fine. not great, not awful and he's basically found money. even if you trade him for a fifth, that's still a free fifth, you don't let assets walk away for free remember those days?

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote