View Single Post
06-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Provolone & The Neck
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Bob DID play as the starter in an 82 game season and at the tender age of 20 while speaking no English and as a rookie. He showed that he was raw but very talented. The Flyers were stupid and didn't want to wait for him to develop. They just HAD to "win now" so they signed Bryz and shipped Bob out.
Sure he did. I didn't say I think he is going to fail or anything like that, but I'm not ready to call him a perennial Vezina contender or anything based on a win in the shortened season. He also played pretty poorly in his second season, which granted was 9 games fewer than he played this year. Again, I am not saying he is going to flop, I just want to see if he can repeat them (or at least put up comparable numbers)

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Bob played close to a full season when you factor in his KHL play. He had 52 games played this year, 2 short of his rookie season where he posted .915 and had a similar load of consistent starts. More importantly, he didn't show any signs of slowing down like he has in the past. He posted a .932 in both the KHL and NHL. I don't think that sort of consistency on two different teams is an accident.
And that's fine. We'll see what happens next year. You are probably right. I'm just curious to see what he can do in a full year now. Good rookie season. Bad sophomore season. Great third season. We'll see how #4 goes.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote