Old
06-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Sure he did. I didn't say I think he is going to fail or anything like that, but I'm not ready to call him a perennial Vezina contender or anything based on a win in the shortened season. He also played pretty poorly in his second season, which granted was 9 games fewer than he played this year. Again, I am not saying he is going to flop, I just want to see if he can repeat them (or at least put up comparable numbers)

And that's fine. We'll see what happens next year. You are probably right. I'm just curious to see what he can do in a full year now. Good rookie season. Bad sophomore season. Great third season. We'll see how #4 goes.
I too am skeptical that he's got the experience and endurance to have Lundqvist-type consistency at this stage of his young career, but with his drive and work ethic I wouldn't be surprised in the least and I think it it's even unwise to assume he won't have a good season next year as well. Dudeman isn't a slacker.