View Single Post
Old
06-16-2013, 08:39 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
So you have the 8th overall pick. And you need defense, so you select Sean Couturier instead of Dougie Hamilton. And now the rumors are flying that you may trade Couturier ++ for another team's older defenseman. That bothers me.

We have one of, if not the most (with Streit), expensive D in the league. Why's that? Because we continually pay for other teams' defensemen. Can't keep living and surviving that way.
We wouldn't likely be in this scenario if we hadn't traded first and second rounders for the 5 years prior to 2011.

Complain ALL you want about trading picks. I hate that they have done that, its not how I would have operated. I'm not complaining about who they pick...because generally, the track record with who they get becoming an NHL player is as good as anybody. (basically 3 first rounders only in homers tenure before 2011). All are NHLers...the sample size is small...and that would be my complaint.

And, if we had the first pick overall, I'd take Mac. I think he is the best player available...basically Jonathan Towes 2013 edition. I know how much we need defense....

I also don't want to trade Couts (maybe in 3 years when his value is more). I personally don't think we should trade any young guys...trade the older guys to get more depth.

Rebuilding is....ok....