View Single Post
Old
06-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Say what you want about his style but he more often than not got the job done. He wasn't the prettiest goalie to watch but he could make some big saves. It is clear that management gave up on him long before the season started, put him on waivers even after he won the backup job, didn't play him at all until Kipper got hurt even though Kipper was playing ****ing terrible (last team to use a backup), brought in MacDonald the second they could (even after just signing Taylor to backup Irving), sent Irving to the minors after his first bad game, never called him up at the end of the year to see what he had (even after he played some great hovkey on the Heat). Management didn't like Irving long before he ever played a game for us and that kind of biased development will haunt us if it continues.
I have thought about this a great deal and all I can come up with is that I think the Irving situation was caused by him taking time off late in the season in 2011-12, he put family ahead of hockey during a post season push in Abbotsford and I believe it caused the organization to question his commitment.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote