View Single Post
Old
06-17-2013, 02:11 AM
N o o d l e s

vCash: 500
Lester was just as involved with last two year's collapse as anyone, why is he getting a get out of jail free card? Probably because he's been performing well this year up until this recent stretch of suck. He is no less to blame than Beckett for what happened the last two years, except that Beckett is outwardly a ****** bag and Lester isn't. Seguin4TheWin is right, he has been bad for a long time now, not including his stretch to begin the year, which is why he is getting off the hook for last year; he's producing NOW. If he had started the season horribly, or even pitching like he is now, people would be bringing up the whole chicken and beer fiasco and mentioning him as part of the problem, WHICH HE WAS.

Now, I don't mean to directly compare Lester to Beckett as a person, obviously Beckett is a jackass that didn't care at all and I don't think Lester doesn't care, but he is absolutely part of last year's collapse/issues. As is David Ortiz but he gets the ultimate free pass because he is playing like a monster and was hurt most of last year. It's how sports works, if you produce at a high level you will be forgiven for past B.S. for the most part (excluding guys like Beckett because he essentially ran himself out of town).

I like Lester, but it's stupid to pretend he isn't part of past problems and hasn't sucked for a while now.