View Single Post
Old
06-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Chainshot
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Father's Day brunch at Shango was excellent.

Gravel boarder across the back of the house matted, stacked, edged and poured. Why I didn't do this 5 years ago, I don't know. The kids helped fill the wheelbarrow, taking glee in making it as full and heavy as possible for me. I loved it.

New chimenea/brazier/stand firebox pit is built out of repurposed brick and pavers from the previous owners and part of the load of gravel I got to edge the back of the house. My wife did the brick and barrier after I walked through what I wanted. I did... the gravel.

New wood chip mulch beds are complete. And my father-in-law is again asking for a quote to do his front yard. I've told him he can't afford me as a nice way of telling him no way in hell will I ever, ever, ever work for him.

Externally, I can see the end of the process. Only a couple things left to finish and then I'm content with how it will look. We list Sunday.

Interior stuff... finding my report cards from grammar school up through highschool was pretty funny. My Dad had dropped off 4 or 5 boxes of stuff that he had in storage that were mine, ranging from some old yearbooks to my immunization records and birth certificate (which we thought was long lost), to some old toys, to old school paperwork. Needless to say, the recycling bin is bursting at the seems curbside today.

Oh, and I got in a 4.5 mile run. It was a solid, solid weekend. One of the best I've had.