View Single Post
Old
06-17-2013, 01:07 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. There is a difference between bringing in a capable guy in the event that Mason faulters and bringing in a better and more experienced goalie to be the starter. Obviously you want a capable backup, if you bring in Luongo, it is unlikely Mason is back the following the year for reasons previously stated. Like I said, the team simply has to commit one way or the other. Either Mason is going to be given a shot to be the guy, or he isn't. You can't have it both ways. Either way is fine by me, as long as it is handled properly.
ok fine I probably did misunderstand your point. Asking the Flyers to handle it properly might be asking for a bit much given how the goaltending position has been handled in recent memory.
Here is the list btw per capgeek of UFA goalies

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...G&fa_type_id=2

Assuming Nobokov is going back to NYI the only names that remotely interest me Backstrom and Thomas and even those 2 would only interest me on a 1 year deal(I could live with Backstrom on 2 years) because of the 35 plus rule. but Backstrom could be looking at 6 per again. I guess there is Khudobin but he could be looking for big bucks from the KHL. Everyone else is pretty meh to me at best.
So that leaves what? a trade for Bernier or Miller(unlikely) and hope that Loungo gets bought out.
i

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote