Thread: Proposal: Toronto - Tampa Bay
View Single Post
Old
06-17-2013, 02:18 PM
TOGuy14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Rielly's a great prospect, but IMO he's below a few guys at this point. Murray, Trouba defensively; Kuznetsov, Strome overall. He's probably on par with guys like Reinhart and maybe even Scheifele right now. In a couple of weeks, he'll probably drop to around the #10 spot after Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov and perhaps even Nichushkin join the ranks.

He's a great prospect, but I don't think you can call him "the absolute best D-prospect outside of the NHL".
Murray missed an entire season with a bum shoulder, his stock has to be a bit down for that reason.

Kuznetsov is a couple years older now and still hasn't shown much interest in crossing the pond to play here.

I can give consideration to Strome, I think he will be quite good.

As for Reinhart? I think Rielly has been significantly better in minor so far.

Jacob Trouba? Guy played college this past season and Rielly still outplayed him in the WHL. I haven't seen a single thing pre-draft, and especially post-draft that would have Trouba rated above Rielly for any category outside of being physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
Top ranked D prospect outside of the NHL? No, not really.
Please tell me all the names on the list you have higher, I can't wait to hear this one...

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote