View Single Post
Old
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Al Smith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
that is a very nice, objective read on the situation. he accurately points out the pros and cons to letangs game. i think i agree with everything in that article, 100%.

will be interested to hear his opinion on whether the penguins should sign him or not.
Interesting, but I think this overstates Letang's impact on the recent events:

"Sure, the points were still there (he still leads all defensemen with 16), but Letang is also a big reason the Penguins are sitting at home this week while the Boston Bruins play for the Stanley Cup.

Letang was on the ice for 7 of the 12 goals the Bruins scored in the Eastern Conference Finals and was directly responsible for a number of them:"

The Pens' record over the past few years when Letang is out of the lineup is not great, and, IIRC, not as good as it is when 87 and 71 have been out of the lineup. I think he's capable of reducing the bonehead plays, especially in another, less offense-friendly system, and that's why I think the Pens will get substantial offers for him. But I think the Pens will do everything in their power to sign him.