Old
06-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I doubt Hyka's name was a major topic of discussion before the draft...

I don't think they were hoping to sign him before the draft; that's my point. I think as their pick was approaching, someone pitched the idea of, "Hey, maybe we can sign him after the draft, then we would get both our guys".

Just so we're on the same page, how many times has something like this happened? Pronger, Talbot, and maybe Hyka. Am I forgetting any?

Of those, only one has been an issue that has had any kind of marginal impact on the way we do business. And even then, it hasn't been a major hindrance.
Let's say the Hyka thing was a last minute decision without time to look up the rule.

That leaves two instances where they had all the time in the world to understand what's up and failed at it. I think that's pretty damned troubling. The whole "GM" thing is cutthroat enough, and with a salary cap the margin for error isn't large for a team like Philly. That sort of sloppiness isn't acceptable, IMO.