Old
06-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
What if the crazy idea of Buying out Kimmo and Bryz happened. Streits new Kimmo. I heard a rumour from a guy that Briere was safe.
Why in damnation would they use the buyout on a player who's contract runs out after this year? Did you hear the rumor from the checkout guy at WaWa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
In all seriousness, what were all the people complaining about expecting him to sign for? What would a good contract have been? Is it just the fourth year? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a good contract...I would have liked to see a three year deal as well, but I don't think that was going to happen and I don't think anyone else should have reasonably thought that. Hoped, sure. But we all knew that wasn't going to happen.
I would've preferred 2 years at his age. Hell, 2 years at this cap hit would be reasonable. Unfortunately I knew that wasn't feasible. I've just been waiting for this to drop. 3 years I could've lived with. 4 is almost certainly too long, there are very few players worth that cap hit at that age.