View Single Post
06-17-2013, 06:59 PM
dialed in your mom
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Our team was known, even before the championship run, was known as a team of size that played hard along the boards and cycled. Even with Brown, Simmonds, Handzus, Smyth, Poni, etc. we had those type of players spread through out the line-up.

Last year, each line had a big forward....Brown, Penner, King and Nolan.

Now, all of a sudden we are creating lines with Lewis and Toffoli playing out of position on the same line? Who drives to the net or plays hard in the corners on that line? Stoll is a center and is coming off a concussion. Have you seen Lewis in street clothes? And you want him playing with a 20-21 year old who is not know for his physical game. Where does King fit now?

Guarantee you, King still has his 3rd line spot next season. He had 2 goals in the post season and did not sit out one game.
I agree. Just like we line our D pairings with an SAH and a PMD our forward lines all have one big banger one skilled pivot and one sniping wing or ideally so.

King/Stoll/Lewis sounds like a good line to me. We have King to at least go out and get in the way on LW and use his size as a sort of stop gap to slow our opponents down in a worst case scenario and maybe he will improve on what we already had. I mean 7 goals shouldn't be too hard to replace.

I like our lines going into next season. I even like them if we have to rely on Pearson to play LW in our top 6.

What we need is a big tough winger that scares people on our bottom 6. I like Clifford and Nolan but would really like to see Andy Andy get his chance on a line with them. Not that Andy is a giant but he hits and has allot of grit to go along with his skills.