Thread: Proposal: T J Oshie or for.......
View Single Post
Old
06-17-2013, 08:49 PM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Backes, Steen, and Oshie are currently the three forwards that best embody what Hitchcock is trying to accomplish up front on the Blues. It would astonish me if one of those three guys is moved.

Backes and Steen; absolutely.
I think he soured a bit on Oshie during our last bit of PO failure. He had him on the third line and called out that unit twice during the series. He even blasted our entire group of "homegrown" players in his post-series PC. I don't think Oshie did enough to separate himself from the criticism that rest of that group received.

That said; I also don't believe that Oshie is the guy Hitch would want traded. I think Berglund jumps to the top of that list followed closely by Perron. The two of them had a lot of stretches of selfish play over the course of the year and had some extremely bad defensive breakdowns in the series against LA that Hitch pointed to as the reason we lost.

I can't see Oshie getting traded, but I wouldn't label him untouchable either. We won't move him for a winger; but if it gets us a #1 center who fits our system, Oshie would be on the table.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote