UNB Bruins Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
Plus (3)
(G) Joel Vienneau
(D) Kevin Cutting
(D) Matt Petgrave

So ... that totals 14 forwards and 9 Defense for 23 skaters and 2 Goalies (if everyone shows up). I believe Salituro is the odd man out in this math, but you never know. This also means there is no 'spare' card for a Christmas recruit.

9 'D' leads me to believe that someone on the list isn't coming back (Wright/Kidd).

Foyle - did you ever hear what came down at the AUS meetings hosted by UNB a few weeks ago? Did the 'injured reserve' idea pass?
I don't expect Wright to be back...I thought he was only planning on being here for 4 years all along.

With the roster cap now a situation like you mentioned with a guy like Salituro is interesting...if the opportunity presents itself do you bring in a new recruit and drop a guy who has been on the team for a couple years before his eligibility is up/he graduates? Would be a tough decision to make.

Also, with the roster cap does that mean only 23 guys who can play during the season? Could you theoretically carry more players, so long as they don't see any ice time in a game? Basically, could you 'redshirt' a guy for a year..have him practice with the team all year, and then have him on the 23 man roster the following season? If so, I could see this becoming more of a trend, not so much with the top CHL players obviously since they will find playing time somewhere right away, but with some of the lower level type guys.

Last edited by UNB Bruins Fan: 06-17-2013 at 10:28 PM.