Thread: Proposal: T J Oshie or for.......
View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 05:22 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Can't be too picky. Of course we'd rather move Perron. But Brown is better than Oshie and you would have to be insane to not do that deal...

Even if you consider Brown "better, but not that much better", do you want to improve the team or not? (This part isn't directed at you.)
This is right on... If you can get Vanek, Ryan, Pavelski, Plekanec(+) or Brown for Oshie, then you would be foolish not to pull the trigger. Expecially a proven winner like Brown...You just picked up another David Backes who is an upgrade over Oshie. You can call him dirty, but then you better slap that label on Backes too. He finishes his checks as well, and not always the way your competition would consider totally clean.

I don't want to necessarily see Oshie go either, but if I could make the team better and shake up what isn't moving us to the next level; then why wouldn't I consider it? Oshie hasn't performed in the playoffs. No one else really has either on the Blues. You have an offer on the table for what would be our #1 center in Pavelski or Plekanec. Is that what we need? Vanek, Brown, and Ryan are all former 40 and 30 goal scorers. Oshie has never put up 20 goals or 40 assists. I'm tired of watching every other team pass more than two rounds. Oshie is a fan favorite, but I'm sorry....bye. Blues fans will love you always....

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote