View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 07:02 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
@WaltonCaps: Hershey has called a press conference for 11:00 am tomorrow for what they are calling an important announcement. I’ll be making the trip.

Have to think they'll be announcing a new head coach. Considering the timing, with pending NHL assistant and other high profile AHL gigs still available, I'd think it's either Mann or Courville. Probably Mann but we'll see. As much as I'd like to see a more experienced, higher profile presence added you have to be wary of the potential for the job to be looked at largely as a stepping stone, too.
I had a similar reaction to the timing in terms of other positions open both NHL and AHL, but it's possible it's someone other than those two. Hershey is a top-level position at the AHL level. Some of these coaching candidates have reason to want an AHL head coaching position over an NHL asst coaching position. Another note, Toronto AHL head coach is an open position, too, and Rochester has an interim head coach. Both Courville and Mann have their pros and cons, but from my perspective they bring experience to the job than French did when he was hired.

Leone's article from last month about some of the coaching candidates

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 06-18-2013 at 07:13 AM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote