View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Also, with the roster cap does that mean only 23 guys who can play during the season?
Actually 22 (I mis-spoke when I said 23)

Only 22 unique skaters can dress for a team over the entire season (plus unlimited goalies).

AUS Menís Hockey roster cap adjusted to 22

At the 2012 AUS annual general meeting, a motion was passed to implement a cap on AUS menís hockey rosters at 21 skaters and unlimited goalies, effective for the 2013-14 season.

This week, a motion was passed to adjust the number of skaters under this rule to 22 instead of 21
[link]

A team could hold a player back to save a card for a Christmas recruit, or activate the player when someone is injured in the first half and skip the recruit. I'd hate to be the player on the bubble.

It's worth noting that 4 complete lines is 20 skaters, there is a cap at 22, so that gives you two spares, Dman #9 and forward #13. Dman #10 and Forward #14 are the guys on the outside looking in.

If you remove Wright from above and everyone shows up, they're at 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNB Bruins Fan View Post
Could you theoretically carry more players, so long as they don't see any ice time in a game? Basically, could you 'redshirt' a guy for a year..have him practice with the team all year, and then have him on the 23 man roster the following season?
Yup - in essence every student playing Senior and Rec is red shirting.