Old
06-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Another brilliant thing I have come to notice around here similar to this. Everyone says "GO BPA!" at the draft. Someone suggests drafting a defenseman even if it is not the BPA and they get flamed. Those doing the flaming then complain that Homer never drafts and develops defensemen in the first rounds. If you want the team to go BPA, you can't complain if they aren't drafting defensemen in the higher rounds.
It seems like most of the good dmen come outside the first round anyways. And, that's probably the problem; we usually trade those picks away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Well..this isn't great but this is what the Flyers get for not developing D men and the GM having a crappy offseason by having no plan B after he swung for the free agent fences. The Parise and Suter attempt was not a good calculated risk. If he hadn't allowed Carle on the open market he would be just fine here at a more reasonable price and years. Instead, we'll ..MAYBE..get two decent years out of Streit then he'll become a cap anchor...
Yeah, and what sucks is that, unless something dramatic happens in net...this team isn't a realistic contender right now. So around the time you'd expect their window to open, Streit will be entering his anchor years. It's pretty unlikely he'll be good at that age.