View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Bojakees*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
There is a level of disrespect in your post. You basically called Sid and Geno overpaid, underachieving players and none of our defenseman can play defense. How is that valuable to the conversation? I have no problem with other team's fans coming in to give their opinion, but when your opinion includes trashing our entire team, you are bordering on trolling.
I do not mean to be disrespectful, however much like you calling Bowmeester over paid I think people are entitled to think Sid and Geno are as well. I happen to think Chris Kelly and Tyler Seguin are also overpaid. Is that being disrespectful ? Malkin is a great great player, in the offensive zone. I don't think much of him back checking. Now I do not begrudge an organizational philosophy so if Shero wants to give the guy that then so be it. But 9.5 million going forward is a little rich for me. I am from the school that offense wins games and defense wins championships and this started where I said Shero made a bad mistake not paying Scuderi. I also think when the PENS won the cup they had GILL and SCUDERI stabilizing the D and since they got rid of them both after winning the cup and have not replaced them...They have had trouble getting beck despite a great offense. As far as your DMEN.....LETANG and MARTIN are fine...But not exactly defensive guys. I think instead of getting Jerome and Morrow....Your GM of the year should have just let Bennett (Who I like a lot) play and concentrated on some defensive defenseman who could skate and move the puck. IMO, they need two guys like the Rangers have in McDonough and Girardi....Then they would be a complete team. It will be interesting to see what the GM of the years does about his D going forward. So far he has acted as if he was fine with the way things turned out.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote