View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
He's not a coach, so no need to disrespect his coaching.

He is an executive. As far as I see the team is competitive on and off the ice. It's not easy to win the cup, but I do believe the executive branch is putting effort and wisdom into building a winner. Every year 29 teams get it wrong. They appear to take steps in the right directions. We could debate signings, trades etc. At the end of the day I do believe they are building a better team.

Regardless I have not seen , nor heard , anything negative about Messier the executive. Seems to keep his day to day duties behind the closed doors, but that is also his mentor/superiors style. He may simply be doing his job, as he is asked to do...
Seems to me this is just another way of saying you have no idea what he does for the Rangers organization on a day to day basis. Thats what this thread is asking.

Furthermore, if he is an executive then why was he so willing to jump into coaching when the opportunity came knocking?

When I was straight out of college, my first boss told me that specializing your skill set will help keep your work focused. As I grow older, that advice still holds true for me. Does Messier know what he wants to do? An executive that throws his hat into the coaching search? All thats clear is that Messier wants to be a bigshot in some sort of capacity. He better decide which one.