View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Joey Bones
***** 2k16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Yeah, barring a miracle, next year is it here for MB. Talbot is an OK prospect who I like the style of, but that shouldn't stop us from shopping the European shores, particularly the SEL for another goaltender.
Are there any other goalies that can be picked up from the SEL or in Europe for that matter? I've heard Sebastian Idoff before as a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
But he did and probably did for a reason. Can't really explain why Vancouver keeps attracting these elite G prospects, despite a talented pool in NHL, AHL and college levels.

Ericsson would've been perfect on a 2 yr ELC. His first season, he spends the year in the AHL while Biron and Hank share NHL duties. By year 2 of his ELC, Biron is most likely moved and he takes the backup spot.

Also look at the Bruins continuing to sign/trade for G prospects when they had Thomas/Rask tandem. They signed Niklas Svedberg, who was the best AHL goalie this year. They also traded for Anton Khudobin for AHL depth a year ago. B's also drafted Hutchinson, who is also a solid tender prospect in 2008.

The Rangers don't pursue high end G prospects for some reason. Henrik alone can't be used as an excuse when teams with bigger depth at G are signing these guys.
You do realize that Thomas is not in Boston anymore right? I get exactly what you mean, though. After Rask and Khudobin, the Bruins have solid goaltending. Svedberg is a diamond in the rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
besides Myles Bell who is now considered an LW on hockeydb.com, who are the draftable overage players?? any surprise players like Ryan Callahan or Andrew Shaw type overages with NHL potential that can make the NHL within 1-2 years at most..
JC Lipon is a solid choice, but I would much rather choose Bell.