View Single Post
Old
10-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
The problem is not Huet or our goaltending at all. The problem is our offense. We're simply not scoring goals. The objective for Bob Gainey this year was to bolster his offense and it really doesn't seem like that has happened (although he tried). Bulis had 20 goals last year and Zednik had 16. Will Samsonov and Johnson account for 36 goals this year? I'm not so sure. And I'm not saying I was sad to see Bulis and Zednik go either. It was their time.

Other than the trades to swap forwards our Habs are banking on the youngsters to produce (Latendresse, Kostitsyn, Perezhogin, etc.) . I like Perezhogin, but he's just not meshing, much like last year.

It's strange to see the way our Habs played vs Buffalo and how they skated with them all game, but haven't looked the part since (even in their wins). The new NHL should be ripe for our speedy Habs. I look at the scores every night and I see teams killing each other 6-2, 7-3, etc. and I wonder why can't my Habs score 6 or 7 goals. It doesn't seem to be a problem for a heck of a lot of teams thus far. Aside from the 4 goals vs Buffalo the Habs score 2 vs the leafs plus the SO. They score 3 vs Philly including the empty netter and only 2 vs the Sens. Where's the finish?

Does anyone share my concern?
too early for me to make a judgment. But for the record, we got 11 goals in 4 games.

goals are inflated by the amount of PPs given to teams. I think the habs only had 1 or 2 powerplays tonight.

In general , I'd like to see how much time montreal has spent on the PK versus how many minutes have been spent on the PP because I have a feeling we've had more PK situations. Cant score if you cant stay out of the box

As for your tally of how we fare up against other divisional teams. I think the best thing to do is keep a record of how many points we've given up to our divisional oppnents and how many points we've taken from the same oppnents.

We're at a -1 difference right now (Even though we really haven't lost yet. Welcome to the whacky NHL) . The playoff road will get that much easier if we stay above 0

Last edited by Hackett: 10-14-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote