View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
You don't know much about my posting history regarding Nash, do you? I can't stand him. I didn't want the Rangers to trade for him, and I honestly feel that many of the problems the team had this year can be attributed to him (he has a reputation for being a horrible locker room guy). I DO think he's one of the worst contracts in the league, and if I could undo the Nash and Gaborik trades, I would do it in an instant.

This thread, however, isn't about contracts. It's about using the past accomplishments of a player to determine top ten lists at the present time. And based on what Nash and Hall have shown us, there is no reasonable argument for placing Hall over Nash today.

(also, I just had a WCW flashback with all of these "Hall and Nash" references. Yikes).
Well, Nash certainly has more to his resume, but that's also because he has played in the NHL longer. Today, just how these players played this season, I don't think it's unreasonable to say that Hall has an edge. And the scary part is, Hall is much younger. Whether he had more assists or not, Hall out produced him. They're very different players, but I think it's more than reasonable to say that Hall is better than Nash.

In their last two seasons;

Nash 126GP 51G 50A 101PTS

Hall 106GP 43G 60A 103PTS

Like I said, over the last two years, Nash has done nothing to suggest he is better than Hall.

Sure, Nash won a Rocket Richard in 03-04, along with two other players, but that was in... 03-04.

You're talking 10 years ago since Nash accomplished anything.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote