View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He was the second most impressive forward who joined the Bulldogs late in the season, only behind Hudon (not counting Collberg). He out played Archambault and Kristo considerably, in my opinion. Now, to put things into perspective, it's not like he was playing great or anything. He had his good moments and his bad. There were times when he was nailing people and bringing the puck to the net hard and others where he wasn't really doing much at all. Playing with Hagel and Stortini might have that effect on you though.

Next year it's back to Windsor for him, where barring a trade of course, he'll be relied upon as their number one centre. It's a big year for him as he didn't quite develop his offensive game as much as I (or even Vail himself, who set his expectations for 30 goals and 70 points at the beginning of the season) would have liked. Despite his polished defensive game, he still is quite raw offensively and has a long road ahead of him in that regard.
Hey That, I recall Vail being on a hot start at the season, IIRC he was top 3 in scoring in the OHL for a couple weeks, why did his production drop so much as the year went on? Thanks in advance.