View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 04:06 PM
canucksfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
how does the league restricting his ability to play help the goalie who has been run ?
How does pummeling a guy help the goalie who just got run? It doesn't.

Quote:
Checking can also cause serious problems in the future, same as blocking shots.
These are not acts that are punished though. Fighting is punished in hockey.

Quote:
Anyone who cant comprehend that the opposition might take offense at you snowing the goalie up 7-3 and within this continuum of responses that fighting might possibly be the result hasn't watched a whole lot of hockey. Perhaps what the defenseman should have done was wait for the next faceoff, spear the kid in the gut at the get go ( or run him in the numbers) then skate over to the box hiding behind the stripes assuring everyone that the 5 minutes and a possible suspensions is clearly enough for you to learn your lesson.
In the NHL I have never seen someone drops the gloves and start throwing bombs at a player who just got showed by ice. Was it dumb? Abosultey. Did he need to face 10 shots to the head to learn his lesson? Nope.

Quote:
Im just wondering, in this situation had one of his teamates interceded on his behalf and then tuned the tuner ( broken nose and concussion) would people be vilifiying the guy who came to the aid of a teamate getting wailed on ? I certainly wouldn't.
I would. Someone should have jumped itto defend their teammate but not in an extreme violent way.