View Single Post
Old
06-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Quite the game last night. "Championship" of Spring league.

Our goalie caught a flat tire and ended up being 5 minutes late, so we had to borrow a goalie to start the game, and he gave up a quick goal before our guy was ready.

We get up 4-1 in the second period before giving up three unanswered goals. Lots of bounces going their way. We shoot from the point with a screen AND a tip, puck goes five hole, but hits the post. Goalie kicks out a rebound later with an open net, shot hits the post. They shot from the goal line and the puck went off the back of the goalie's head and in.

So we get through regulation and OT without a goal and do a shootout. Ref asks for five shooters per side. Their first shooter skates in, dekes, our goalie makes the save.

Somehow I'm up first for us. I've never done a shootout so I have no idea what I'm doing. Skate up, pull the puck to see if he moves (he doesn't), head dip and chop the ice to see if he drops (he doesn't), then I just give up and shoot five hole from in close. Managed to squeak through!

Ref doesn't do anything so I celebrate, because I've had refs not call my goals before when I don't react. He finally calls the goal, then says "good game" and calls out the zamboni. We ask about the five shooters...he says it was a "sudden death" shootout. Good Lord.

So I ended up with a goal and the shootout winner. Ended the season with 8g 1a in 10 games. So much for working on my passing this summer...
I would have been pissed if I were the other team and was given the impression there would be five shooters. Unless, of course, the rules of championship OT/shootouts are written somewhere.